Monday, February 9, 2009

Random bits on my mind.

This weather today has got me feeling really down.
Rainy and gray with a slight chance of this really sucks.
Every so often, I feel like something is about to happen. Something either really awful or something really good.
Pretty vague, I know, but those are the limits of my mental powers.
Sometimes I wish I could be better at math and science rather than feel like crap at the drop of a hat.
Or feel like crap because it is rainy and gray outside.
Maybe I feel odd because tonight is The Monday Night Comedy Show, and I've been feeling that since it's been getting better attendance-wise, that that is the other shoe that is about to drop.
The show means so much to me, and I really like doing it. The performers have been 'bringing it on' again and again.
I'm terribly worried that once I move to Indianapolis, there won't be that weekly feeling of 'I fucking did this. This is my show, and check me out World'
It's a question of trying to find a venue, I suppose.
The Beat being open to having a weekly comedy show was about as lucky as it gets.
I guess I am just apprehensive about how lucky I will be once i am down there.
I don't have any contacts in the theatre world there, nor do I really know any performers who are as skilled at Comedy as the folks who do the show in Minneapolis.
All in due time, I'm sure.
I've been feeling very UNcreative lately. Not writing as much as I think I should, and obsessing over what I do come up with.
I've been watching what I eat the last couple days, and have noticed more energy than when i would eat five burritos stuffed with Butter and candy.
I'm still not eating well, as my limited income does not allow for all of the food groups like Steak and Shrimp and caviar. Isn't that what healthy people eat?
I am sure that when I move, my future housemates will make sure I have an apple or something everyday. And I hear that there is something called a 'Salad'
Today Chris and I went to a thrifty store to find the next great treasure that will fulfill our souls.
The prices were outrageous. I think that since the economy is so bad people are thrifty store shopping more and more, so prices are being raised under a guise of justification.
But seriously. Ten dollars for a pair of Jeans? Two dollars for a VHS tape? It could be worse. I could actually be brand conscious and ONLY shop at Macys or Bloomingdales.
We ended up at the Dollar Tree and got some valentines stuff for tonight's show.
The show, by the by, will be great per usual.
Lucky number 82.
82 Monday Night Comedy Shows. Not bad for a kid from Indiana.
Seven stand up comics tonight.
And three slam poets.
And one improv group.
And Robocop II. The runaway hit that is proving to be a better idea than Jaws was. It kills me that so many people ask me to read it every week. But hey, The comedy writes itself.
I am going to have an impromptu 'Bachelor Auction' tonight too. Since it is Valentines day coming up. I'm not sure what that means, but I'll come up with something, and it probably has a 70% chance of being funny.
Maybe I will get rid of some of those locks of hair that no one really wanted... Probably not.
Last night a group of people came over and we watched Coneheads and Spiderman 2 on a projection that J-Man was nice enough to lend me.
I'm gonna miss the Hell out of him when I move. Best not to think about it till later.
But today does mark 113 days left till June 1st.
Time marches on, and current events fade into memories. One day, you will be able to recall where you were when you read this blog...

Hope to see you at the show tonight. Or at The Green Mill afterwards.

The facebook event page is

HERE


See you tonight?

Stay Awesome. Stay... Good Awesome.
Andy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Andy! WD here. I hope the Poets did well. 1 lock of your hair has traveled all the way to Cleveland OH with me. I was thinking of leaving it in Indianapolis that way a part of you would already be there. I'm going there tomorrow. Details on the show at www.wonderdave.net See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.