Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tweaking out on what ended up being 4 very strong cups of coffee.

I haven't been writing about my trip. I'm sure you have noticed and have been more than a little concerned.
I am wresting this feeling of sadness about certain parts of my life. One of them being the fact that there are some people who read this, and think it accurately reflects the goings on in my life.
The things I write here are not absolute. This is a moment. And everything is comprised of many of those.

I know what you are thinking, 'Andy, are you getting introspective while sitting at the downtown Indianapolis Dunkin Donuts?'

As a matter of fact...

But this is not the platform for I wish, I wanted or I should have's. Those should be left for late night conversations at a perkins or an embers that doesn't exist anymore due to economic progress.

I saw my friends last night. Not all of them, but enough to keep me safe in the fact that I am loved. I get that in the Twin Cities as well, but Indy has a sort of magnetic pull towards the wistful for me. Is that a thing? I am going to make it one if it isn't.
Pants breaks my heart with cuteness. I didn't get to see Adam, and i know I will be freaked out by how big he is when i see him next. They grow so fast is so accurate. Cliche, but accurate.

I saw a post secret today that said 'I want to get my next Christmas tree with you' It made me very sad. Might be one of those holidays, you know?

And yes, I noticed that this post isn't going anywhere as well. And yet you keep reading in the hopes that I will start talking about my trip... Read on.

My father moved to Michigan the other day. It has been a clusterfuck of emotion. Trying to deal with a parent who is having a latter day crisis is just like i said: It's trying.
I don't recall if I wrote about what went down that gets us to me heading back to Minneapolis.
Here is the short version in regards to today:

Male parent left for California for a gold rush 151 years too late.
Same parent purchased a home on the shores of lake Huron. one of the lesser of the great lakes, but no slouch when it comes to bodies of water.
I was called into service because of my heavy lifting skills and ability to pack boxes and knick knacks like it's a giant game of tetris.
I arrive in Indianapolis.
We pack.
We drive a Uhaul truck to the Thumb of Michigan's lower Peninsula.
We unload the goods in a garage attached to the home that sits on the lake that the parent bought. he bought the house, not the lake. I thought I made that clear. You are not paying attention.
We stay in a motel that night because the house has not officially been purchased. He closes the deal and signs papers on Tuesday.
The motel is from 1959, and the heat does not work properly.
We drive back to Indy.
I start to feel like I won't see my father again for a very long time.
I get a ride to irvington, where I spend the night in the house I had spent 5 months of self exploration, discovery, heartache and growth. It has only been a months since I had slept there. Almost to the day.
I internalize all sighs and the need to scream 'I miss you and need you all in my life more than I ever let on'
Pants tells me where her nose, ears, chin and hair are and grabs my necklace one last time. She probably won't do that the next time I see her. They grow so fast. She gives me a kiss goodnight, and I know it is because she misses me. I miss her too. Her parents don't suck, either.

James gives me a lift downtown before he goes to his Naval reserve day. I am at a Dunkin Donuts, and I am about to go to Chicago.

Seriously, though. Your Mom is Chicago (is not) Chicago.
That soul Coughing song is running through my head almost constantly for the last two hours.
I am on my 3rd cup of coconut coffee, and I think about who I wish were here drinking it with me. I fear I may be starting to move on.

There's much more I want to talk about, but I don't want to bore you.

Monday Night Comedy Show is tomorrow at 8pm. Audience numbers are down. Foolish to think we could sustain opening night numbers. Going to need to start a guerrilla marketing campaign. That, or change it to a bible study show.

One more cup of coffee, then I leave.

Happy Sunday, alright?

Stay Awesome, or the Titans will beat the Colts and other football references that sound awkward coming from me.
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.