Thursday, July 24, 2008

A little update for those who matter most: You.

I don't have much to tell you.
Life has been plugging along at about a 50cc pace. You don't need a license for this life of mine, but you do need insurance and maybe a helmet would be a good idea too.
I bump into poles and scrape the sides of the road with a conviction you might only see in a Nascar race. Also, i hate Nascar.
But I don't hate you.
I've missed you, bloggettes. I've missed you bad.

But again, not much to report except the progress I have made towards domination of your Planet.
Loads of progress.
I loved me some Dark Knight. I also liked Hellboy II. I am probably going to like X-Files II as well.
Like they say: 'Movies is Magic'

I am trying to come up with a word to describe how my family is falling apart at the seams. Just one word. I keep coming back to "Cursed"
I think I have been upgraded to #2, maybe a solid #3 on the 'Most stable' list. That is saying a lot. My brother, Matt still has me beat by miles and miles. But at least everyone still likes me. I think. I should call more.

It might be too soon to tell, but my show, 'Confessions of a Fringe Technician' might be pretty good.
I think there might be some stiff competition this year in Indy for best of the fest, but I might surprise a few folks with marketing strategems.
Think Juice boxes and how much you like them.
my cast is responsive even after only 2 full rehearsals. The process is a lot more relaxed than my last couple of IndyFringe endeavors. I don't plan on freaking out, but then I never really say 'Today is a good day to explode'

The cast consists of
TECH- played by me. Your everyday Fringe Technician. With a taste for Jameson, and the need for an up-to-date script. Enjoys Swords and hoe-saws. yep. It's back again...

ACTOR #1- Played by Ann Cooper. She is one of those Fringe actors who has a day job, and just thought theatre would be a hoot. But she is also a turbo slut and will make the kissy face with just about everyone. Likes Red Wine and tight shirts.

ACTOR #2- Played by Jason Kruger. The official 'Comedic Element' of this 'Comedic Show' Simpleton. Enjoys sharing and making paper airplanes. lives off of his father's money, because he cannot hold down a job due to his distract-able nature. Should probably wear a helmet 24 hours a day. Likes Juiceboxes more than anyone should.

ACTOR #3- Played by Lot Turner. The Douchebag element of most actors involved in theatre, not just The Fringe. Drama is his middle name. He refers to it as: 'The Craft'. That should say it all. He is God's gift to the stage, and wants everyone to know it. He NEEDS everyone to know it.
Everyone WILL know it. He used to date Actor # 1, but she cheated on him with everyone.
He would drink Arthur Miller's blood if it were on tap at the nearest sports bar.

That being said, you should try to come see it.
I am hoping I can mount it here in the cities after I get home from Indy.
I might invoke the most holy name of Logan Jambik to the people of the Jungle Theatre. Methinks he has some pull there.

The Monday Night Comedy Show continues to impress me with the steady numbers in attendance. Our strength comes from the regulars who are there every week.
And from the staff I have collected over the course of the last year and almost a half.
And from the silly little bits I keep trying to build on to make them keep coming.
My hope is that the fall will bring in even more people, as word spreads.
I'm really looking forward to the 'PRESIDENT OF COMEDY' elections we will be having around the time of the actual elections.
Hell, if I can get even one person to vote who otherwise wouldn't, then I think we have done a good job. (remember, if you don't vote, and are able to- you are sticking up your middle finger to the people who fought with everything they had(or didn't have) for that right. Just vote, ok? It's best that you do. End soapbox)
More on the election as it approaches us.

My front bike tire got slashed about a week ago.
I usually park it in front of the mansion, locked up. I am thinking someone was going to steal it, realized they couldn't and stabbed it to make it die.
I spent the last of my petty cash to fix up the back tire of the mountain behemoth so I would have reliable transport.
The tires are too thick to go super fast in the city, as I am prone to do, but I can go over curbs and small children if they get in my way. Which they are prone to do...
At any rate, screw people who try to steal bikes.

my nephew Anders scored next to perfect on the ACT recently, which means that every school in the Ivy league wants to have babies with his brain. My favourite was the three page letter from Harvard telling him to apply. Props to him, as he is the smartest kid I know. And I like that I can still give him a hard time about his hair being in his eyes all the time.

Speaking of, I need a haircut. However, this is the year I do not get one. I want to look like Thor before years end.
I am staring to look like The Dude from Big Lebowski.
And at the Mill the other night, some of the girls put me into pigtails. Some girl at another table said I looked like 'Barf' from Spaceballs.
I need to go on a diet.
Girls are mean.

Waking in Minneapolis is the MN Fringe show I am in besides the Indy one.
We are at The Mixed Blood near Seven Corners. Kind of by the little Bridge that collapsed last summer. I have flyers for that show coming out of every pocket. Please take one and spread the word.

I am working at The Beat tonight till 11pm, and tomorrow till 11pm as well. If you are of the type who likes coffee, please come and visit me. I will be the one with the samurai ponytail checking his facebook every five minutes.

Have a great night, and remember to Stay Awesome even if it means breaking a few state laws.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.