Monday, July 28, 2008

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Alack alack alack.

First and foremost, tonight is THE MONDAY NIGHT COMEDY SHOW

8pm

Beat Coffeehouse

$3

Doors at 7:30pm

Tonight we have Stand up and Improv. ANd of course, The reading of a page from RoboCop II.
That is our MNCS Book Club Book. Scheduled for completion in February of 2013.
And just so you know, if more than 25 people say that they will come via our facebook event page, I will wear a Panther Suit.

Not that I am gimmicky or anything. It's just that I like Gimmicks.

Speaking of Gimmicks, I am going to be adding one more weekly thing in August that I think might be fun. Let's just say that it rhymes with Karaoke.
That was your brain teaser for today.

I was hoping that more Minnesota Fringe shows would have approached me to do some kind of teaser/preview thing to promote their shows. No such luck.
The offer still stands, but people gotta ask.
And we only have tonight and next week to make it worth anyones while.
Deadlines, people! Deadlines!

Last night was our tech rehearsal for 'Waking in Minneapolis' A show written by Chris knutson (Roommate)
I only have a few small parts, as i am overly stressed with my Indiana Fringe show- 'Confessions of a Fringe Technician'
I decided last night that if and when I mount it here in the Cities, I will give comps to all the MN Fringe Techs who this play is dedicated to.

The Tech Rehearsal went smoothly enough.
It would be nice if our leading lady would want to hang out with the cast after rehearsal, but other than that, moral seems to have improved. The flats are incredibly neat. I like the city skyline ones, personally, but that hearkens back to the days when i wanted that as an armband tattoo to compliment my existing ink.
So as it usually does, everything seems to be coming together.
Mondays are my longest days lately with work from 7 to 3, rehearsal from 5 to 7 (which I leave a half hour early from to make it to The Beat for The Monday Night Comedy Show. Then I drink at The Green mill with wreckless abandon. Something I will be toning down as my pocketbook is rather skint these days.

My good friend Aaron (Gwirtz, the one from high school) agreed to design my postcards for the Indy show. And he said he would do the flyers without me having to ask him.
He is trying to start a Graphic design company, so this is good practice. And since everything is done online these days, i think he will benefit from all these silly actors he keeps making friends with.

I am going to be printing some shirts for Aaron Christopher's Fringe Show 'Musical The Musical'
He is on the horn with Northwest Graphics about screen sizes and images.
"On the horn" means he is talking on the telephone with a 'skirt' with 'great stems'
'Geek' means me. I should not be allowed to write. Ever.


I lost contact with someone very close to me a while ago. I shouldn't say 'lost'. I had to walk away as a sort of self-preservation thing. They meant the absolute world to me, and not a day went or goes by without me thinking about them. I wish her every good wish I can think of, and I suppose that means I have kept a promise I made a long time ago. All of this falls under too much to take in on a Monday or any other day of the week. I suddenly feel very empty and numb. I am way too sensitive for anyones good. Least of all myself. I can apologize forever to everyone I want to give everything to, but can't. I can apologize to myself, too, but at the end of the day, it's just making excuses for things about me I want to change, but refuse to out of being stubborn. Mainly I just feel stupid 99% of the time. I use humor to mask it all. Keeping it bottled up inside until I run away as fast as I can. Maybe I should start beating up pillows or fighting ninjas.
Demons demons demons. Where is that copy of the Necronomicon?
Sorry this got heavy.
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.

Congratulations on your marriage, Loki.
Please forgive me.



Come to the show tonight. It may work out. It's just me tonight, so bear with the trainwreck. I think we should be a fully operational battle station next week. But I could use the audience tonight.

Have a great day and keep doing what you are doing. (read: Stay Awesome)

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.