Thursday, July 10, 2008

They say it's my Birthday...

I turn 30 today.

So far, the week that is now AndyWeek 2008 has been a good one.
Here's the lowdown:

My dear friend Lindsey McDonald Dorsey got me a pocketwatch (something I have wanted for a long long time) it has my Initials ADB (for Andrew Danger Brynildson) on the front, and a place for a picture inside that I hope to put a phot of Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr. as soon as I am able.
This actually happened a couple months ago, but it was an early birthday gift, and one I will cherish forever. I hope to pass it down to my own kid if I should be so lucky.
I always felt that the Brynildsons should have a tradition of passing heirlooms down through the years. This way, I can start it. And it will last years too, the thing weighs like five pounds.
My friends appreciate quality craftsmanship in timepieces...

Thank you Linds.

Monday night was the Big Roast at The Monday Night Comedy Show.
I would like to write more, and maybe one day i will transcribe what I wrtoe for everyone, but remember that IndyFringe is less than two months away, so i gotta focus.

Everyone roasted me well. The winners of the night, and those who surprised me the most was Chris (Roommate) and Lindsey (watch giver and box office manager of the MNCS)
They kicked ass and took names.

Everyone else had major zingers, too. I honestly thought the BNW would come up in more of them, but my hair took center stage. And also my balls.
It was a roast, what are you gonna do?

The show ran way way too long, but I think everyone had a great time. I know I did.
Some of it is on the interweb, and can be accessed through facebook. Just look up 'Pommelhorse'

Terry Pound not only roasted my ass, but he also filmed it, and it will be part of him new podcast called 'Microscopic Life' He said the airdate would be in October. The podcast will be about the show itself, but the full roast would be on his website soon after.
Terry is a good guy, and I am thankful for his dedication to making awesome things.

Thanks to everyone who performed on Monday. it was great.

Tuesday I went to The Shout House downtown with Katie Oliver, The Dez, Jason Kruger, Haugie, Vinnie and Michael.

They have a thing with Birthdays where it f it's the tuesday before or after, you drink for free and your friends get good deals.
I also got a tee shirt, mug and some shot glasses.
Not a bad way to kill some brain cells.
Thanks to those guys for coming.
I might scam them on tuesday next, too. The server told us to...

Wednesday night I was at The Mill with Mo, Zissou, Zach, Lindsay and Joshy.
I might have had more fun than I should, but it was a good start to the Birthday festivus.

Today is the big day, and i went to Galactic Pizza for a bit, then decided to go see a movie.
I am having dinner with some family tonight in South Minneapolis, and then off to the Green Mill again at 10pm to meet and greet all who dare to pay tribute to me.

I would love for all to come and have some fun and converse with the oldest I have yet become on a birthday.

I am eating some cookies that my Step Mom sent. They have smily faces on them, and they are really really good.

If any of you have spoken to me in person, you know that my family is going through some really tough crap lately. If you are a praying type of person, say a word or two for them, please.
I love my family very much, and never say it enough. So here's to them, as i wouldn't be here without their help.


Have a great day & thanks for all the birthday wishes. I got some from folk who I never thought I would speak to again, and it really made me smile.


Please know that I am very thankful for all of you who are in my life now or have been in the past. Maybe we have fallen out of touch, maybe we got into a fight and you hate my guts.
I do the best I can for the most part, and while I still am not where I want to be, i keep trying.
I still am gonna misbehave, and being 30 will not change that. Just keep thinking of me from time to time, and I promise to surprise you if you are timid about dropping me a line.
I miss you. And if you are wondering if I mean You, then i probably am. Come on back to Andy Country...

See you tonight if you are able.

Stay Awesome.

Andy

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated-and-I'm-really-sorry-about-that-cause-if-I-would-have-read-this-yesterday-I-would-have-posted-this-yesterday Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated! The 30s are so far superior to the 20s that it's hard to calculate. For real.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.