Monday, October 6, 2008

Easy like Monday Morning.

This is what is running through my head:
Two households. Both alike in dignity. In fair Verona, where we lay our scene.
From ancient grudge, break to new mutiny.
Where civil blood, makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes, a pair of star-crossed lovers take their lives.
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows,
Do with their death, bury their parent's strife.

Now, stop me if you've heard this one, but I think it a little bit strange that I chose to repeat this classic opener over and over. Outloud. With an accent once again. I think you can catch me at my oddest (is that a word?) when I am alone in the early AM.
I could at least be singing 'Mambo #5'
Or re-write the words to 'Story Book Story', the love song by Mark Knopfler(spell?) from the soundtrack to 'The Princess Bride'
Speaking of, I think that movie was the only one ever made that makes any sense to me.
Call me obtuse(great vocab word from 5th grade) but I think every movie should contain at least one visit to Miracle Max and Andre The Giant should be in the background rhyming everything you say.

Have you ever listened to that song? The melody is really pretty, and widely known as the background music to the kiss that put all the rest to shame. But the lyrics are lacking in the way Sarah Palin lacks the ability to even spell the word 'Maverick' (oooh. Scathing political commentary)

Also, if I hear the word 'Maverick' come out of Sarah Palin's poor excuse for a Tina Fey mouth just one more time, I will do something rash.
Like start exercising my inner demons or start being nice to kids at the Lego store at the Mall of America when they tell me that their car they built is the 'Champion' or 'The most unbeatable' Do you know what IS beatable, little Champion? You are. It takes 70 pounds of pressure to break the average human bone, kid. I learned that from Batman.
Fucking Mavericks.


And on that most random of notes, I really liked the Kenneth Branaugh version of Hamlet, but HATED the Mel Gibson version. What does that say about me as a person?
Leave your thoughts in the comment section.

This morning, on a whim, I bought a ham and cheese Hot Pocket.
You may not think that this is a very big deal, but for me, it was a proactive move.
I may be hungry later.

And so starts my day.

I closed the shop last night, and was here bright and early this morning.

Not only am I surrounded by coffee, but I am the proud owner of a Hot Pocket.
A big one, too.

Today shall be a good day.

In other news,
Tonight brings another Monday Night Comedy Show into the world. And at 8lbs 7 ounces, tonight's show will bring joy and sleepless nights to all those who enter our operating theatre.
And admission is only $3.
Even my broke ass can afford it if I wan't working so hard to make you like me. Therefore, I get in for free.
Speaking of 'Free' or rather, 'Freedom' We will be having the official:

PRESIDENT OF COMEDY ELECTIONS
The last two weeks of October will bring us to the first week in November, which just happens to be the night before Election day. The real one. The big one.
The one that matters.
I will be running against at least four other people, so if you want to make sure I don't win, become mad with power, allow a 700 million dollar bail out for small Comedy Theatres and then inadvertently choose a mass murderer's Jam in a county fair/prison system 'get to know your roadside help' mixer/ Jam competition. Thus ruining my political clout, forcing me to kill again.

You should vote for me, though, because I'm your buddy.

More on the election as the debates draw near. Just mark your calendars for the last two weeks of October and the first week of November.

Columbia House keeps emailing me. I think they actually think I am going to pay for the dvd's I ordered from them while I was a bit tipsy a few years ago.
What they don't know is that I was stealing from them.
Vote for me.

Ok. Have a good day. Hope to see you at the show tonight. If you don't come, I will know that it is because you are busy writing me a letter. Via Post. Old School.

Stay Awesome or I'll do the last bit too. Oh fuck it:
A glooming peace this Morning with it brings. The sun, for sorrow, will not show it's face.
Go. Have talk to these sad things. For never was there a tale of more woe, than this of Juliet. And her Romeo.

Andy

ps- The Hot Pocket was so choice. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up.

4 comments:

  1. Mel Gibson was horrible in Hamlet, it means you're a man of taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew a guy who hated the Mel Gibson version because he said the castle wasn't historically accurate and I thought he was a pompous ass for pointing that out so I like the movie out of spite.

    But Jill is right, Mel Gibson was horrible in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, it's been to long since I've read your blog. Had to stifle my laughter in cube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy, Tim Hellendrung here. I agree with you on the Hamlet deal. But, let's all remember Hamlet 2000 with Ethan Hawke. Bill Murray as Polonius? Yay.

    My overall views on the play have soured since watching a version of the play in Dublin. Hamlet was played by a man with a HEAVY Scottish brogue and it was annoying as hell. "Tooo Bay... or noaught to Bay.. tha' is the question."

    Also, who're the candidates for President of Comedy?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.