Sunday, May 31, 2009

Here is something for you to read.

Hi people who read this.
And to those of you who do, I apologize for the snark-i-ness of my last post.
I think Drunk blogging can be dangerous.
I overreacted, and wished I hadn't deleted the rant about how much I dislike those facebook quizzes.
Meanwhile:

Stop! Update time!

I have been without interweb the last few days due to moving all of my stuff out of The Haunted Mansion.
2700 Pillsbury Avenue South #1 hosted my last REM cycle last night. Although I was too exhausted to remember any of the dreams I had. I can only assume they were epic, and filled with adventure and loads of 1980's sitcom star cameos, which is the norm.
For me, at least.

So Andy Brynildson has a lot of stuff. More than a lot of stuff. Too much stuff.
Stuff Stuff Stuff.
It's interesting to note, that when I moved to Minneapolis the first time after my stint as a youngling in Indiana, I filled a 1986 Toyota Tercel Wagon with stuff.
When I moved back in 1999 for a romance that I can only liken to a Mash-up of 'Endless Love' ; Strawberry Alarm Clock's 'Incense and Peppermints' and Every Song Tom Waits every recorded, I moved all my things in a huge moving van/truck thing.
Upon learning my immediate fate was not in Indianapolis, I moved back on an Amtrak train with two duffel bags and two boxes of books. (pry my books from my cold dead hands).
So that was 10 years ago, and my how things accumulate.

So to everyone who helped me move this time around: Kate, J-Man, Linds, Roni, Logan, David, Annalesa, Big Strong Mike and Matt- Thank you so so much.

My landlord, being the Guy he is, (Douche) wanted us to be vacated by Noon today.
Legally, we have until Midnight tonight. Now, while I understand that the new tenants would much rather move in the daylight than in the wee small hours when you should be listening to Carly Simon cover songs and drinking Port as opposed to moving your worldly possessions, I had to work today.
I am at work now.
Hence the interweb and my constant use of run on sentences. (due to fatigue, I am sure...)
And I will be here at The Beat until 3pm.
Who knows what adventures await me when I get back.
I still have a load of stuff to take to South Minneapolis. That will suck just one more time.
And then there is the crap that I have to throw out. The stuff on the boulevard outside the house.
Consisting mostly of my (now) former roommates garbage. But I have a big comfy chair sitting out there, and I need to get it gone.
And there's that big 1954 console TV that I so cleverly thought I could turn into a bar.
yeah. Never happened.
And I might be greeted by an annoyed (now) former landlord, with all the Passive Aggressiveness he has in his arsenal.
Sigh.

At any rate, I will be residing in South Minneapolis as the ultimate cliche for about two weeks.
While there, i will be planning revenge on Landlords who like to screw people over; a yardsale the likes of which has never been seen and a Summer trip to Indianapolis that I will now be referring to as 'Fat Camp' and trying to make everything up as I go along per usual.
It is going to be a good 2009. I said that earlier in the year, and by the All Father's glowing blue eye and his pocket full of Runestone Kryptonite, I will make it so, Number One.
Heh heh heh.

Did I mention that I won a Song Lyric Poetry slam contest last week? I can't remember.
Mike Brody and I will be performing our pieces NEXT week. Not tomorrow. it seems our dear Brody is making out with the ghost of Lizzy Borden at her house in the part of the country where she lived and died.
Make sure to read his article on it at the website where he writes it. I forgot, but he will most definitely remind me, as I have more readers than he does...;)

I'm done blogging for today.

Stay Awesome.

Andy


ps- I will be having drinks and snacks at The Green Mill tonight at 10pm to celebrate the end of the Mansion. In case you want me dead and need to know where I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.