Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vent. I need a vent.

I use facebook as an almost religious totem for communication.
It's a thing I am sure will taper off in time.
The thing is so damn good for keeping in touch with friends and family.
And I swear, as soon as the Letter writing revolution that I tried to start a few years ago suddenly becomes all the rage, I will go back to pen and paper. Stamps and envelopes. Hookers and blow.
I just think it is neat that almost everyone on the planet is on facebook, and it gives me a way to try and get as many people to the Monday Night Comedy Show as possible without bombarding their email inboxes with my lack of witty banter via written word.
Come to my show, Bitches, we have Iced Mochas... Those were the extent of my mass emails.
So with facebook comes great responsibility.
I have what I thought was a very unique last name. Brynildson makes for feelings of exotic blond men and women wearing metal chestplates and holding swords. Or anyone really with the name. You dont have to be blond. Or a man. Or a woman. We had a Pomeranian named Elvis once who had the last name Brynildson. I just think that family needs to support family. No matter what. If you hate my politics or the fact that I say 'fuck' a lot in my blog. If you are family, you literally HAVE to be in my corner. Mainly because I am in yours. And I think fair is far. Just like the legend of Billy Jean. Anyone? It had SuperGirl in it...
It might just be me that thinks that blood is thicker than anything ever. I love having my last name. I have never told anyone that, least of all my Father, who I can wholeheartedly blame for my moniker. In a good way, I mean.
Even my Mom kept the Son of Brynild as her last name. It's just that cool.
So when I go on a facebook freakout to find users of my same last name, I ask them to be my friend. I assume (mother of all fuck ups) that if they are a Brynildson, they are just like me: A Motherfucking Brynildson.
To me, I have a very cool and privatized last name. It's something that is uniquely 'us'
I am a part of a club, where the male members of the club have an obligation to keep the name going and going until it is as common as Peterson or Carlson. Or Jones. Or Johnson. Or Smith. Or Blah Blah. Whatever. I like my last name. Grrrr. Rant!
And it might be that I have had four whiskey diet drinks in my Brynildson Tummy that I am thinking long and hard about this. Or it could be that I am tipsy and I just looked at the MNCS event page and saw that someone going by 'CJ Brynildson' asked to be removed from the MNCS event list. The list that I use to alert everyone to the idea that there is a Comedy Show happening at 8pm-ish on Monday.
Well, CJ posted up on the wall that he wanted to be removed from list I use to invite people to the show.
He used the Wall.
The wall everyone sees who looks at the event page.
The wall that says to everyone that someone who's last name is Brynildson doesn't want Fuck-all to do with the show.
I might be a facebook purist, but I know how to delete events from my page that I don't want to go to.
It's a special skill set that I learned from when I went to Harvard and Princeton and MIT and Cal-Tech and Oxford and IUPUI when I took really advanced courses on how to use a MOTHERFUCKING MOUSE ON A MOTHERFUCKING KEYBOARD.
The thing that separates me from Mensa patients at the loony bin is I know that clicking a mouse cursor on the phrase 'Delete from my events' means I am not going to this particular event, but I don't want to hurt the irrational feelings of the event administrator, so I will just politely ignore it. By deleting it. That is all you have to do.
And yes, I know full well that I am being silly.
But if I didn't give a fooey about this, the terrorists would win.
And I WILL NOT give GW Bush the pleasure.
And to use the wall. Good -Gravy -boat- on- every- major- holiday- where- there- is -food!
I know for a fact that the people who come the the show are wicked smart. They are way too tolerant of my ramblings-on, but smart as a whip. They see that some dude has my same last name, and doesn't give a crud. In fact, he pointed out how much he wants distanced from the show to talk about it on the wall.
The alarm bells are ringing, and the firetrucks are coming to put out the asshole fire that that guy started.

ok. I think I might be done. We only have three more shows left in the run, and that dude is not invited.

On another note, last night I won a poetry slam. It was one where you had to read song lyrics like they were poems.
I felt there were better performers, but if you are interested in hearing two of them, Mike Brody and I will be performing one each this Monday at the show. And I guarantee that this show will be 'CJ Brynildson' Free. For your complete enjoyment, as we do not let fakers into the show. You have to earn the right to call yourself a Brynildson. And this dude clearly is just renting the name from someone who needs to buy some rock.
Ok. No more whiskey and then blogging for me. I'm kind of a dick. Just be glad I am on your side.

Goodnight Moon.

Andy BRYNILDSON

2 comments:

  1. [quote]Good -Gravy -boat- on- every- major- holiday- where- there- is -food![/quote]

    This may just be my new favorite exclamation. Brilliant, Capt. Potemkin. Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if CJ Brynildson is really an alternative personality, like in Fight Club, and you are dissing yourself? What if CJ stand for Christ Jesus Brynildson, the "bad ass" Andy with a god complex? It could happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.