Monday, January 5, 2009

The Holidays are done. Here is a thing.

I suppose it is time for another one of my long and drawn out writey-bits.
To say I have missed writing would be an understatement. However, I just didn't feel like I had anything to write about. I didn't want to bore you to tears or even bring you to tears with some sad story of how I didn't get the pony I wanted for christmas.
I didn't, by the way, get the pony which I would have named 'StarFire'
I did, however get some of the best collections of Christmas Miscellany in recent memory.
It started with a handmade skyline of minneapolis crafted onto a black sky background. And with the flick of a switch, the sky is lit up with sparkly stars. Made by my dear Lindsey McD-D. It is lovely, and she should think about mass producing them in larger forms and making her fortune.
I got a nice bunch of stuff from my family, and topped with an awful bit of drama that I never ever want to re-live. The food was good, though.
My Step Mom sent me a box full of fruit and nuts and snacky things. Much appreciated, since I was broke and couldn't afford food. The fruit was frozen, though due to being in the delivery truck since the early morning.
No worries, Judy called them and they are sending me even fresher fruit tomorrow.
I left for a Christmas in Indianapolis on the 27th. Via Megabus once more.
The ride was fine, and I went from Chicago to Detroit to meet up with Svetlana and her Mom, Brother, Sister in Law and two very cute nieces. (one of them was alseep the whole time, so I assume she is delightful)
I made it through the meeting of the family,and hopefully managed to get a gold star on my record.
I really like her Mom. She reminds me of my own, who I am quite fond of. And she has a bit of my sister Amy in her too. Her Brother is very likeable, and I fear we may have to do some LARPing where we are both assassins. He made it sound cool. Go ahead and laugh. We will kill you.
Svet and I drove down to Indy in her swanky rental car.
I think we passed the roadtrip test. Perhaps we should try again in the Summer. I was wary of the trip down to Indy because I am not a fan of driving in cars for longer than an hour or so. I tend to go mad and want to kill everyone.
She survived, so that should tell you something.
Finally reaching Home in Indy was a relief. I got some time on the Porch with my people, and started to really relax. There is something about being around people who never judge you for being yourself that makes all your stress melt away. And there never is a need to perform. Sweet Odin, I love that.
I will not bore you with another list of all the cool stuff I got from Cinder Klaus while I was in Indy. HOWEVER, I do need to tell you that I was the happiest boy in the world because it was a very Batman Christmas.
Svetlana the Beautiful spent probably more money on me than she makes in six months, and while that made me feel guilty, I opened the big heavy box and my eyed literally went 'Awoooooga!'

The Batmobile.

The Lego Batmobile.

The BIG fucking Lego Batmobile.

Not the little on that the teeny tiny figure fits in, but the Mondo one. The one that took me almost 10 hours to complete.
The Ultimate Collectors Edition one. The one that make a Boy a Man.
The kind you sleep with at night because it makes you feel safe.
My joy knows no bounds.
It has 1045 pieces, people.
Your Mom doesn't even have 1045 pieces.

I also got a lot of other batman related items, and I was and am very fortunate to have such generous friends.

Ok. So Christmas is done.

Then came New Years.
I spent it in Noblesville, Indiana at Finger's house. At first I was grumpy, then I realized that I was having a good time. All I need to be happy is to have my Dorch Gang around me.
Just like All I need to find you Louis, is to follow the corpses of Rats... Anyone? Hello? Is this blog on?

I got to kiss my lady friend at Midnight, and started 2009 off correctly. This is a big year for me.
Last year really sucked at points, but it all led up to this one.

That being said, I have a little announcement to make:
I moved back to Minneapolis in December of 1999. Since then, I have done a lot of amazing things. I have met so many great people who have helped to shape the world I live in and make it much more interesting than I could have imagined.
But lately, I have been stagnant. Existing instead of really living. And for someone like me, that just will not do.
I thought that when I was asked to leave the Brave New Workshop, I was going to die. I hit a very deep hole and I kept falling in deeper. I started to drink every night and I wasn't creating anything, nor did I have any inclination to do so. I was miserable. The one happy place in my life had been removed. I wasn't doing very well.
As time passed, though I was still rather numb, I was trying to move on. And with the help of the IndyFringe projects I worked on and the Monday Night Comedy Show, I started to find some sort of balance. It is only now that I see that losing The BNW wasn't the end of the world, but rather a beginning of a new one. One that I was in charge of. The MNCS has really made me feel like I had the ability to make something good. That I wasn't a one trick pony. I didn't do it alone, I know that.
And I know now that I can't do much alone. It takes a village to raise me.
But here I go rambling on about nothing much and boring you to tears.
Announcement:
I will be leaving Minneapolis in June for Indianapolis. To live there.
(A hush falls over the Interweb)
When I am there, I will be pursuing a few dreams of mine that I know is not possible to do in Minneapolis. This is a one or two horse town. I need to try out my own horse.
I want a fucking pony.
But more on that in another diatribe.
So there it is. Andy is moving back to Indy.
This is a huge thing for me, and I will become more and more frightened as the months progress. I am not very big on change.
But this is what is right for me, and I didn't come across this decision on a whim.
And just think of the fun and exciting road trip you can have when you come and visit me!
But for now, you have six more months of Mr. Brynildson. And I have six more months with Minneapolis.

That being said, I hope you fuckers throw me a good party.

Remember that The Monday Night Comedy Show returns a week from tonight (January 12th)
8pm
$3
At The Beat Coffeehouse.
Please come show your support of something that I am proud of, and is entering it's 2nd year.

Ok. Please discuss your feelings in the comment section of this blog.

Stay Awesome and look forward to a fantastic 2009.
Andy

ps- My moving to Indy doesn't mean the MNCS will be going away. Nor does it mean I will not be visiting often. Most of my family lives here. And I like them. I have plans that I keep to myself. How else can I continue to be considered 'Devilishly Clever'?

7 comments:

  1. All I gotta say is: Welcome Home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big deal Andy - Congratulations! (I hope to move in the next few months too, I keep saying that so I am making it happen). I will miss you. You are a part of this town. Let's hang out before you go.

    -Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me said. For many reason. First why is everyone leaving Minneapolis. This city is great. Okay, I will miss you tons. You where there for me when I needed it. I hope you think I was there for you too when you needed it. I will never forget out comfortable viewing of Firefly. Thanks too for introducing it to me. You rock hard core.
    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy, I'm excited for you - it sounds like you need a change. Congrats on being brave enough to make one!

    P.S. Please invite me to your going away party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Anonymous #1. We've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving a few states away is never an easy decision (trust me, I know), and I'm glad you made what looks like a positive, definitive decision for yourself, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have missed you so! It will be great to have you back! I forgot about your love of all things Batman...that being said, I have a job for you once you return. My boys are just getting into that sort of thing, they got a Lego Batman video game for christmas that they LOVE and could use a proper introduction to the world of superheros... if you're up for it ??? :D
    love you bunches,
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.