Monday, June 16, 2008

The fire is burning. Throw Amy Grant in...

Baby Baby, you put my heart in Motion.
Amy Grant is stuck in my head. Soon to be stuck in yours, if you ever borrowed her early '90's Album from your older sister, because you thought she was hot (Amy Grant, not your sister...But my sister is pretty. I suppose. For a dumb girl.) At any rate, you still have that CD, and you saw it in your collection this morning when you were searching for music to stick into your ipod with violent force.
Does it ever happen to you? That scenario exactly?
Amy Grant, I will not make love to you anymore. That was when I was 12. Now, I am much older and much more experienced.
Now I will screw the 'Worship and Praise' right out of you. And Vince Gill can hold the camera.

So I am now listening to Mozart's Clarinet Quintet in D (I think that is the key) to cleanse my pallet and get some Aerosmith pumping into the stereo here at The Beat Coffeehouse soon after. There is something about the 'Get a Grip 'Album that screams Summer to me. It reminds me of going to see Jurassic Park at The Edina Theatre on 50th & France (now an art theatre) with Jason Glorvick, Maureen Mcniff (my first official girlfriend) and I think Kat Miller was there too.
Ahh, memories...
Tonight is another Monday Night Comedy Show, and if last week was any indication, the house number is on the rise for the Summer.
And the AC is going to be working tonight. I promise.
You should come. Multiple times.

Since I go to The Green Mill in Uptown a lot. And I mean a lot a lot, I was there with Carson, Josh- His lady friend girl Lindsay- Haugie and her friend April. Anyway, we were talking, as we are prone to do, and I said yes to a Roast in my honor at The MNCS on July 7th.
The first act will be some improv acts (Chickprov and Gay/Straight Alliance, I think) and a stand up comic. The second act will be the roasting. Hosted by Carson, Josh.
It may or may not be awful. I do have a lot of things in my life to make fun of.
But I am still kind of oogy about it.
Anyone who wants to roast me, has to contact The Dez or Carson. You get between 3 and 5 minutes. And you have to buy me a drink afterwards. Ok, ok. That isn't true, but it will be my 30th birthday, and you like me so much it kills you, so be cool bitch, be cool.
Mark your calendars and stuff.

I am still wondering what to do for my big three decade mark. If you have any ideas that could be pulled off, let me know. I was thinking a karaoke party bus, but that involves a deposit and people forking out money beforehand.
I do like karaoke, though...
Let me know. I am at a loss.

LisaLisa and Cult James are expecting Annie in late July. I cannot wait. Odd change of topics, I know, but I am part crazy. Deal with it.
Add to the list Emily (formerly Hahn) and you get another batch of my oldest friends having babies and beginning lives that seem to make sense to me. Sigh. Kind of. That was a kind of sigh.
I have no idea where my head is these days.
All I know is that I hope I get kids like Butch's twins Aidan and Owen. Damn. They were at Go Go last night, and they stole the show.
Aidan plugged The Monday Night Show, and if that didn't get people to come, nothing will.

I have to add some people to the email list of Unlimited power for the show tonight, so I hope to see you all later.

Call me if you need anything, except not until after 1:15pm. I left my phone at home and I feel like I am not wearing pants.

Stay Awesome. More than you are accustomed to.
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.