Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bored and I am not interesting.

That horrible girl is here at work.

The one who drunkenly told me that she doesn't like me.
I thought I would be free of her until February. That's when I overheard her say when she would be back for a visit.
She is being very cautious so as to not make eye contact with me.
And her husband gave me a knowing nod.
The nod that says, 'Yeah. I know she sucks out loud. But if I divorce her, she will kill me.'

Tonight was a Thanksgiving style deal at The Beat. On Sunday afternoons, The Beat transforms like Optimus Prime into a church. Aptly named: The Church In Uptown.
I am not sure of the denomination, but It irks me when people think I work at 'The Jesus Coffeeshop'
The only thing church related is the sunday afternoon thing. Other than that, it's just a coffeeshop.
Just like Uncommon Grounds, only without the potpourri dim lighting that makes the owner a complete douchebag. I have heard through reliable sources that he makes you take your laptop up to the 2nd floor after a certain time of day.
Screw that noise.
The Beat is one of those good places to hang out because it's quiet and has free wifi.
Not to mention some of the best coffee drinks in the city. A very under appreciated hotspot in Uptown.
This kind of sounds like an ad for The Beat. It isn't meant to be. I'm just horribly bored and need something to do besides dishes.

Tomorrow is The Monday Night Comedy Show.
Lots of good things to laugh at.
We have Spoken word, Improv and Stand Up.
Speaking of, PAPA SMURF is doing a set tomorrow night.
That's right. You are curious. And it is just like the picture in your head, only when you actually see what is going down, your head will explode.

Just trying my humble best to keep things spicy in the soup that is The MNCS.

You can visit the event page on the facebook HERE.

I hope that link works, as I am really excited for the show.

Thursday means Turkey Day, and I'm working. So if you want to come to The Beat and watch the Turkey Day Parade, please stop by. I'll have it up on the big screen. And I might even sell you coffee.
With working on a holiday when people should be with their families, it means bigger tips from the folks who do come in. They feel sorry for you, and that's ok because I'll need all the pity money I can get because later that night (after I eat dinner with my own family...or parts of it..sigh) I hop on the Megabus to go to Indy.

I'm really looking forward to this visit because I won't be lifting heavy things and putting them into trucks.
This time I'm just going for the company. And to sing some karaoke at the Tree lighting ceremony downtown.
Christmas music.
I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC.
There. I said it. I wish I was sorry. I am not.

As it happens, Lindsey and Logan have visited me at work, so now I am not in the mood to write about how bored I am. As now I am not bored.

I will leave you now with the hopes that you will find the time to come to the show tomorrow night.

Have a great night, and sorry that this was not more entertaining.

Stay Awesome,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.