Sunday, November 9, 2008

Short update. Reports of my death greatly exaggerated.

It's been too long, my disciples of funk.
I missed you too, but before we get all weepy, let me tell you about my yesterday:

I did absolutely NOTHING.
It was glorious. But towards the end, I was getting a bit cabin feverish.
What did nothing entail?
Movies. Lots of them.
Here's the list:

Starting with INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE at the silly hour of 8am.

Slept for a bit, and then popped in LOVE ACTUALLY. I might have cried at the end. I can't remember.

Then came ELECTRA. Oh red corsets, you never stop making sense. And neither do comic book movies. No matter how silly. And that one guy from Precsilla Queen of the Desert was in it as a blind master of using pool cues as weapons. I kept asking the TV "Oh Felicia, where the fuck are we?" whenever he appeared.

I was then in need of some British fare, so I had Danny( the new roommate) put in ABOUT A BOY because I was too lazy to get up from the couch.

As if I hadn't seen enough Hugh Grant, I immediately had to watch MUSIC & LYRICS to see if Whats-her-face had gotten all that orange shit off her face from all the make up ads she has been doing. Drew Barrymore. That's the one.

After I had wondered why I watched that movie, I wanted to see OFFICE SPACE since I hadn't seen it in a while.

I ended the day with THE STEPFORD WIVES. Why? I like robot women and Ferris Buehler.
And Christopher Walken. These are things I like.

Then I slept the sleep of the just and true. Only to wake up and almost be late for work at 7am because my bike lock was frozen. Dick move, Mother Nature.

What did you do yesterday? I don't care.

In other recent news, I went to Indianapolis a couple weeks ago to help the Dorch Gang move into their new digs in Irvington. A much better neighborhood than 38th & Pennsylvania, where shootings were every 20 minutes or something.
I helped Lindsay move out of the 3rd floor.
Svet, Jen & Lisa/James/Pants out of the 2nd.
Jenny & Hammam hired pro movers, so they are dead to me as I earned no brownie points from them.
Thankfully, they are only living about three or so blocks away, so the big family stays together.
The heavy lifting, I could have done without, but seeing them all so excited to be in a nice new place that is much safer and has huge potential as being the best place ever makes me happy.

I took The MegaBus there again.
I had a so so time with that, so I will give them another try at the end of the Month when I go for 'Orphan Thanksgiving'

I may get all decadent and try to fly in to Chicago via Southwest and the $69 one way thing they have. But then Megabus it from there to Indy. I would need some help navigating the trains I would need to use from my chicagoan peeps.


I have been kept busy for the last 7 hours with "people" wanting 'Coffee Drinks"
I thought I would have more to tell you, but I thought wrong.
We are getting Interweb at the Mansion today, so if I have more to say, I will do it on crispy new interweb alpha rays.

Your Mom Stays Awesome.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.