Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fraketty Frak

In the last blog I wrote, I talked about washing your hands when you go to the bathroom. It was directed at Men.
I should have said that the same goes for women, but I hold ladies in high regard.
At any rate, I was going to start adding my blogs to a site in Indiana where Networking is the name of the game. And since I would like to meet new people in the Indy City, I thought that they could get to know me by reading some of the bits I write.
So after I posted my blog this morning, I added the same one to this networking site.
This site has special groups for Writers, Performers, business owners, and even bloggers themselves.
And then I got feedback.


This one was from the site moderator:

Andy...I'm sure everyone will appreciate the insights you've shared...although from my perspective, your blog would be just as funny and useful without all the F bombs. Yours is the first post I can recal in 11 months that has made such wide use of the term across as many parts of speech...so I'm not sure whether it should be edited, deleted, or left along. It's not like we've got little kids running around here, but we certainly want to maintain some decorum. I'll leave it up for now...and wait for other ---------s* to weigh in on the topic. Gotta go wash my hands now. These keyboards are filthy things.

And one by a user of the site:

Well, I'll weigh in. This is a post that probably does not belong on --------------*. Not to mention such use of the f-bomb is just classless.

I appreciate the first one, as they mentioned that it would have been funny without the word 'Fuck' used so many times.

But the second person just said it was 'Classless'
Which I like to look at it as me not conforming to any form of class. Or not liking classes in general. Perhaps I am above all classes. Maybe I just skipped class and am just too raw like Eddie Murphy was back in the days before suckling on the teat of Disney.

I don't have any problems taking the blog off the site. In fact, I did it moments after the first response from the moderator dude.

I don't get offended at the word 'Fuck'
Do you?
I do get offended at the word 'Nigger'
Which is why I never use it.
Maybe I am just being silly, but I just don't like being asked to edit my stuff.
And this was the first time for me.
Now, if I was writing this blog for some sort of literary prize or a syndicated paper, fine. I would use less colorful language.

I'd like your thoughts, please.

One of my favourite lines from a movie, and one that I use as often as possible is from 'Snatch'

'Sit down and shut up, you big balled Fuck'
Not really on topic, but I want to share with all you fucks...Heh heh.

I wonder if that second guy was so offended because he doesn't like washing his hands after he pees.
*Left out so as to not identify the site.


Staying Awesome,
Andy

3 comments:

  1. JollyMisery said...
    I think I definitely want to wash my hands after dropping too many "ehfh"-bombs (wouldn't want the kiddies to know what I'm talking about here.) You just can't help all that cable t.v and violent games they play these days.
    By the way have you played that game counterstrike the kids play? You can shoot a man to death, but be careful! In some of those game servers they want you to watch your language.
    "There are kids playing in Here!" they say.
    So make sure you reload your gun clips but not your f-bombs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck that! Seriously.

    You don't want to associate with individuals that are so insecure with their ability to deal with the reality of the English language that they need to request your conformity.

    I wrote a Site Disclaimer that: A) protects me, B) encourages individuals to comment, or C) leave. It's helped me greatly!

    That little disclaimer allows me to return to it again and again. The ability to direct readers seeking I censor posts about giving Michael Jackson a "reacharound" or calling a coworker a "cunt" allows me greatly flexibility in my content.

    Again, fuck them!</i

    If they don't want you as you are, then they shouldn't get you.

    Your friend,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. That network doesn't know what it wants to be, and it's consistently hijacked by a small group of people who think they know what they want, but who really don't.

    "We're Facebook for [geographic region redacted]!" "We're TED!" "Could we be Digg?" "We're local culture influencers! (As long as there's no nudity or profanity in that culture...)" "We're a place for the marginally racist to espouse their ridiculous political views!"

    If it's any consolation, I saw your post before you (hilariously) edited it, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with it -- although I did wonder how long it would last. I tend not to use such colorful language in my writing, but "fuck" does have a place in my vocabulary, and I didn't find it as controversial as two others seem to have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.