Friday, November 28, 2008

Brief update whilst I linger.

I am currently in The Chicago Union Station.
In a few moments, I will know what McDonald breakfast truly tastes like firsthand.
The trip so far has been mediocre.
I was sitting in front of the most flamboyant party boy I have ever encountered.
He was talking very loudly to his friends who were wrapping up their evening with a lot of ecstasy at some house party after the club.
He had to repeat every mildly witty comment he made about having to 'slap a bitch'
about three times in a row so he could be secure in the fact that they had heard him and his wit was in fact appreciated.
And then things got serious. He had to send a text to let a person know how he really felt about him.
And this text would end the friendship because of how this person reacted to a facebook video and how they put so and so on the top of their myspace friends list.
By the way, I am being serious. These things came out of his word hole.

There is a scheduled pit stop between Minneapolis and Chicago at a truck stop.
And since it was 3 in the morning when we got there, the taco bell and Subway was closed.
I was hungry, since I didnt have any Thanksgiving dinner (Pity me) so I bought some soup.
I nuked it in the microwave they offer to truckers, but by the time I saw that they didnt have any forks or spoons, it was too late. It was one minute and forty five seconds too late.
I drank the soup and burnt my lip on the metal ring.

I thought metal was bad in microwaves. I have never understood that.

I did notice that they sold what looked like Microwave dinners, but boy was I still living in the dark ages.
These meals heated themselves.
By a chemical process known as Magic, I could have a thing of Lasagne in 10 minutes.

If you think I am coming home without some, you would be wrong.
Sadly, they are cost prohibitive at almost $7.00

They also had cups of coffee that heated up using the same process (magic)

Well, my trip is underway. I haven't slept a whole lot, but sleeping is for lazy robots.

What's that, McDonalds? Oh. I'll be right there.

Happy Black Friday. I want Batman Legos for Christmas.

Stay Awesome, weary travelers.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.