Monday, June 29, 2009

Update #3

Writing as a hobby is pretty fun.
Writing as something you are experimenting with for two months to see if you can do it more and more as life progresses...Not so much.
Linds sent me a link to an article about first drafts.
Actually, it was about shitty First Drafts. And how they are supposed to be just that.
I have to train myself to stop editing as I go. The article helped a great deal and calmed me down a touch.
Today I switched from Introducing/describing my main character to describing God, who is the other main character.
Actually, I got so far as to describe his 'office/workshop' Haven't hit upon the deity (is that the correct spelling? it look strange.But spellcheck says we're cool)him/herself.
Today was a narcoleptic day wherein I slept too long and too much.
It is almost midnight, and i have been hoping to acquire a regular sleep schedule so I can get more done during the day and have the cover of night to have the adventures.
Alas, this evening I will be sitting on the porch, thinking about stuff I have no control over and wondering what to write next.
This is the Summer of my German Hemmingway, after all.
Torture is normal and acceptable when it is all in your head, right?

I have a birthday coming up. Number 31. I don't know if I should be excited or scared. 30 came and went without much fanfare or excitement. Maybe this one will be just another old fashioned love song. And no. i don't know what that means, it was just running through my head. I wonder if Three Dog night is thinking of me right now. I'm not sure if any of them are still alive, but if they are, I am comforted by the thought of 'AndyBrynildsonAndyBrynildsonAndyBrynildson' running on loop as they scramble to the interweb to find out what it means.
But If I have some psychic connection to Three Dog Night, then I must be turning 61 instead of 31.
I should listen to more Queen.
Anyhow, I may or may not have a birthday party. The festivities that were planned were canceled due to the end of a relationship. So it goes, I guess. It's one of those things I am thinking about while on the porch if you were wondering. It would be nice to see people and celebrate the 10 year anniversary of me being allowed inside a bar.
Oh God. That realization just hit me.

I am sitting on the porch still. Somethings don't change.
Lisa, one third of my gracious hosts, the other ones being James, and their soon to be one year old daughter, Annabeth Irene, AKA Pants) has been exposing me to episodes of buffy The Vampire Slayer and talking to me about life, the universe and everything. I have two buffy episodes swimming in my head and wishing I was a Joss Wheaton fav so i can have a show where I have conventions built around me.
So now that Lisa is asleep and I am waiting for James to come home from his night job as a Fed Ex manly Man, I have this blog to think about.
Sucks to the Athsmar of writing a book about Shaft or God or whatever the hell I think it's about.
I am on the porch in front of the house in perfect sitting at my netbook weather.
And I wanted to talk about something that appeals to everyone, but my finger is on the pulse of pop culture from ten years ago.
Actually, it might be 20 years ago, because I have an INXS song stuck in my head. A slight improvement from Three Dog Night.
What I really wish is for things to be brighter tomorrow with a trip to the Zoo. And maybe some clarity about drama that has been bugging me.
But first: I'm gonna go see dolphins make me smile and see if Indy has any Polar Bears I can relate to for a few hours.
Sleep well & I will talk to you tomorrow.

Stay Awesome.
Andy

2 comments:

  1. Andy-

    Please listen to this presentation by Merlin Mann. It's about writing and creativity and it's awesome, as are you.
    http://www.maximumfun.org/sound-young-america/maxfuncon-merlin-mann-doing-creative-work-sound-young-america

    ReplyDelete
  2. "30 came and went without much fanfare or excitement."

    Zuh?!

    I roasted you supreme, sir!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.