Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And part two goes something like this

Nothing could ever prepare me.
Not one thing in my life.
I have hurt before, and I will hurt again, but this is a new one for me and I was just floored.
Amanda dropped me off this morning.
we got to Union Station, or whatever they call the big train place in downtown Indy these days.
I was worried that I wouldn't get to see her before I left. She slept through three of her alarms.
Ironically, the train that passes by Irvington each morning was the thing that woke her up.
That is Ironic, right? It isn't Alanis Morrissette Ironic I hope.
Anyway, she came through.
It was a bittersweet ride there. Not much for way of talking on either of our parts. What was there to say?
She started crying first.
I'm proud that I held my stuff together and actually had a brave face on. For a few moments, at least.
What I wanted to happen was for her to drive away. I didn't want her to see me walking away. Leaving.
People have issues with leaving.
Being left.
I'm not just leaving her, I'm leaving everyone here. I hate that.
I might not be around, but I am always available in some medium. I have to work on proving that.
I still don't know what I'm doing when it comes to anything ever, but today I think i made the hardest step.
I was tearing up at the ticket counter when i exchanged my tickets for the 10,000th time.
I was tearing up when i texted her a final 'I love you' text. My last, I promise.
I was calming down for a bit and just staring off into space, kneading my bottom lip, which is what I do when I am about to explode. Not many people know that about me.
then the train moved.
At 6:01am, Indianapolis time.

I thought I might die.
Everything came to me at once. I know people think like I enjoy drama and being sad or broody. So not true.
I don't like it. If you like it, you are fucked up.
I don't think I am fucked up, just slightly broken.

I found myself thinking over and over again that I can NEVER be in this position again.
I can't feel like I did the moment the huge train lurched towards Chicago.

Maybe I am fucked up.

So I am in Chicago. I have called Lisa and Amanda called me just a few moments ago. it is about to be lunch time here, so the food court is crowded and some guy is sitting next to me who is wearing a pink shirt and has fiery fake red hair. I like to think his last name is Weasley and he is thinking about an upcoming Quidditch match. But in reality he is eating some LeeAnn Chin knock off. And it looks good.

The Mascot, Tyler will be visiting me for a few before my train leaves. I'm going to try and get some pics to show the MNCS that he is alive and well in the Windy City.

This coffee is terrible. Avoid Corner Bakery Cafe. They eat babies like Congo. (That was for Leigh)

Stay Awesome. I will write more when Minneapolis happens. Or maybe when i freak out and realize there is nothing in Chicago that I want to do because I am stuck in Union Station... Maybe I will reenact some Untouchable scenes. THATS The Chicago way...

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.