Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day two, performance two.

I have to admit it's getting better. A little better all the time.

Today was day two of the IndyFringe. And with it came the second performance of 'Confessions of a Fringe Technician'
I like to call it the 'Redemption show'. At least for tonight.
The lines from me were much more solid. In fact, you could kind of tell that I actually wrote the show.
The actors didn't skip scenes, they just skipped lines. And not too many.
Volume was an issue, as I was three feet away and couldn't hear some stuff. Which led to me missing some of my lines because I couldn't hear my cue line. It was all a vicious circle.
In the end, I think it was a much better show than last night, and I still am proud of the script, and the fact that I did it all on my own. No screenplay or collaborator there to hold my hand and make sure I wasn't being stupid.
Don't get me wrong, I am stupid. Delightfully so.

I din't get a chance to see any of the other shows in the festival yet. I will though. And I am looking forward to a few of them.
Jason and I walked up and down Mass Ave. today handing out flyers and hoping people would come to the show.
Well, they didn't. A few did. Our house was bigger than last night, but tonight was at 7:30pm. A golden time slot dipped in chocolate and rolled around in hazelnuts. People should have been there. I don't know what the deal is. I can't tell if other out of town groups are suffering from attendance anemia or just us.
We have four more shows left, and if people don't start coming, I might have to live here. You think I am kidding, but the funny has left the building.
Maybe I'm just being an idiot.
I hope I'm just being an idiot.
I think I'm just being an idiot.

On an unrelated note, I went to Nippers in Carmel tonight to sing Karaoke with the best of the best people in this state. A great time was had by all, and I need to learn 'Wild Horses' for next week. (yes, I am gone that long).

The Fringe madness has left me. Now all I feel is Fringe Desperation.

Stay awesome.
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.