Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Everything up till today.

Aside from my lax attitude towards blogging, and doing anything to help furthur the life that I want for myself, I think I am a bit of a go-getter.
I do silly things to help promote the silly things I do. Performance, writing, Laundry, Whatever. I am a whore for the smash and grab marketing.
For example, just the other day, I donned the infamous Panther Suit that I secretly borrowed (stole) from Dustin. It was about a hundred degrees outside, and I was walking down the street with Kruger playing guitar while handing out flyers for that night's show.
To say that I was sweating in the suit would be an understatement.
In point of fact, I was not wearing a panther suit, I was wearing a black furry wetsuit. I was not only conspicuous, I was dying. My tee shirt and shorts were drenched, and I looked like I should have been in a sorority washing cars for some charity. Sadly, I am too much in love with Butter for my own good, and my body doesn't look good in wet clothes.
It used to be, but I was in show choir then, and I had a full head of hair.
Just kidding, my hair is still awesome.
Actually, it is more amazing. Women tell me that all the time.
I digress.
The performance of 'Confessions of a Fringe Technician' on Sunday was not too bad. I messed up most of my lines, but since I wrote the play, I was considering it an impromptu re-write.
Kruger once again carried most of the show and fed lines that were dropped that facilitate lots of little jokes throughout the show. If I didn't have him, I would have shot myself on Friday night.
Or just gone to a dive bar here in Indy and said I don't think the Colts are going all the way this year and that NasCar is stupid.
That way, whoever is the beneficiary on my life insurance would get the full amount due.
I should probably find out who is the beneficiary...

The Fringe keeps on being Fringy despite my best efforts to destroy it with my unique brand of scathing writing.
I use the term 'Unique Brand of Scathing Writing' very loosely. I don't feel like much of a writer these days. I don't feel scathing, aside from the woman I told was 'very rude' when she ignored us on the street the other day. We were just trying to tell her about the show. We were smiling and don't look too much like we were going to kidnap her. We just wanted to ask her to come to our show if she wasn't doing anything better. But she just kept walking.
I had been in a Panther costume for the better part of two hours, so I was bit cranky and dehydrated. I wanted two things: 1) More people to come to my show. And 2) a Subway footlong sandwich.
I hate being ignored. It might be a thing left over form Junior High. or it might be my natural human instinct. Not too sure. I might have said more to her, but I am sure Jason will tell you if you buy him a drink when we come back.

So we have three more shows left. One tomorrow at 7:30pm and one on Saturday and Sunday respectively. These shows are going to be called the 'Get enough people to come so I can pay for the gas needed to get back to Minneapolis And also 'Maybe pay rent Shows'

Times are hard in the City of Indianapolis. Even harder if you are trying to do theatre.
Cue the blues harmonica.
I watched 'Amelie' last night in lieu of going to any shows. Kruger had never seen it, and it is one of my favourites.
He liked it, as he should. He is caring and sensitive, and I have put myself in the position of 'Wing Man' to try and get him some action down here. Ladies, Jason Kruger is my hero.
Please show your interest in the comment section of this blog.

Oh! Speaking of marketing:
I was asked by a friend in Minneapolis how the shows have been going, and since I read the email when i was close to committing Nascar suicide, I told him the truth. Audiences are way down, my life sucks, I am a failure and no one likes me even a little bit, bla bla bla. Anyhow, he took in upon himself to make a fake Craigslist add in the Indianapolis 'Random Hookups' section. He posted some random girls picture and said (as the fake girl): 'Looking for a good time, checking out 'Confessions of a Fringe Tech' tonight and Saturday at the ACT. Need to meet some or more willing guys'
You get the idea. I made me laugh so hard, I cried.
Apparently, he has gotten like 20 emails from a lot of creepy guys.
Maybe I will have an audience comprised of lecherous interweb guys. Or High school Science teachers.
Don't steal his marketing idea until I tell you if it worked or not. I wonder if I will be able to tell who are the craigslist stalkers from the twitchy looks they give any female attendees, or from the smart cardigan sweaters they will wear.

Special thanks to you who posted the ad. I'll leave your name out of it, as you might be hunted down.

Note to self: Never wear cardigan sweaters.
And a note to all the attractive women who may come to the show tomorrow night: Don't come. Or bring a date. Or pretend you are dating me. I will protect you. (remember, I will have the hoe-saw on stage and I know how to use it well)

If you have seen the show, and liked it, please go to www.indyfringe.org and follow the link to the review site. Say some nice things and you will get some mad props from me.
By 'Mad Props' I mean some Juice Boxes.
And also my unending thanks.
Today I ate at a cajun restaurant called 'Yats' it was the first time I've been there, but I will now be going every day I am here. And thank you to Amanda who picked up the check. You are wonderful in so many ways.
Also, the peanut butter pie was good. Crazy good. I love pie. mmmmm.

I am going to go have dinner with my StepMom. I will be thinking of you the whole night long.
Have a good one, remember to Stay Awesome and email me the song 'Wild Horses' I have to sing it at Karaoke soon.

Till then,
Andybear

ps- remember how all of you have good friends in Indianapolis? Yeah? Tell them to come to my show. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah except it just got flagged.I wonder if one of those creeps got upset :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.