Saturday, August 23, 2008

IndyFringe Day 1 (Opening night.)

So. It happened. Opening night of 'Confessions of a Fringe Technician'
had to have been the most nerve-wracking experience of my life thus far.
I mean, even more-so than those times I got my report card in first period and knew that my parents were going to be pissed, but now I had to wait all day. Dreading the ride home.
Last night was my ride home to show my awful report card.
And the audience was my pissed off parents.

Mistakes were made, but they always do happen.
Adrenaline mixed with nitroglycerin. That was the cocktail I was drinking last night.
And boy howdy, did I get drunk.

I would go into details about entire missed scenes or lines so badly paraphrased that they seemed like they were from a different show. Or scenes switched around to make the show seem like an homage to a Quentin Tarantino movie. I would love to go into details, but I decided to leave last night behind me and just never remember that particular opening night.
But speaking of, a show at 10:30 on a Friday is never going to get a good house.
We had 19 people.

19.

If we don't get a bigger audience, I literally am fucked.

So, as a favor to me, please try to get people to come. If you pray, do your thing.
If you are influential in the Indianapolis theatre underworld, please whack a few important Dons and make my show seen.

There is a site that is linked from www.indyfringe.org where you can review the show, so if you feel so inclined...

Tonight I have a show at 7:30pm, so it should get a better house than last night.
However, we still need to be ever vigilant, or the armies of darkness will march across the earth for all time.

I have no idea what that means.

Stay Awesome and wish me luck. I really am worried.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.