Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's what pops into my head when nothing pops into my head.

I do apologize for last night's blog and how heavy it was. Sometimes I just get a little bothered by bullshit. Much like you. We aren't so different, you and I.

In much happier news, my fedora has been found!
Metro Transit told me when i called them today that it was in the lost and found over in their offices in the warehouse district.
When I lost it yesterday it had a Monday Night Comedy Show pin and a viking head pin. Not the kind that supports my local football team, but rather the kind that raped and pillaged back in the day and really discovered North America. I used it as a 'Producer' Pin for the show. Very few people have similar pins. Mine was gold-looking-type-product plated and probably cost a little under a quarter to make. I wear it as a symbol of how much work I put into the Monday Night Comedy show and how much Raping and Pillaging goes into each weekly show.
Just kidding about the Raping, I feel I should follow that with some clever joke, but really: Rape is wrong. Stop doing it, Frat Boys.
So I used the pins on the hat to prove that it was mine, even though the lady on the phone said that they didn't get many fedoras in the Lost and Found. I suppose Twin City residents are either not classy enough to pull of the Indiana Jones look, or they just don't leave shit like that on the bus.
Well I do. And I wasn't even holding a gold bust of an Aztec God when i was escaping the bus. Really, i was just talking on the cellular telephone device and trying to get my bike off the rack before the angry bus riders shot poison tipped arrows at me because I was delaying their trip to Downtown St. Paul to see if any RNC folks dropped any quarters. Or they wanted to look into the Ark and have their faced melted off by demons or Angels or Nazi-Demon Angels. What the hell was that stuff that killed the bad guys in Raiders?
I feel my Indiana Jones reference has been lost in the ether that is this blog.

Anyhow, the MNCS pin was still on it, but the gold-like Viking pin was taken by a thief who doesn't understand the concept of decorative jewelry. On hats. Hats that no one really wears anymore unless they play Christian folk pop or they are trying to look like a childhood hero for the rest of their lives.
I hope the person who has the pin now was trying to sell it to a pawn broker. Which gives me an idea for another little play:

Criminal: My God! It is the finest pin I have ever laid eyes on in my long career as a bus riding misanthrope!
Henchman: But boss, how we gonna fence that? It's attached to a fedora hat. The kind the feds wear!
Criminal: Quiet, Patsy, I'm thinking. Perhaps I will take it off the hat. No one will be the wiser.
In fact, i will even give the hat to the driver for him to put into the Metro Transit lost and found!
Henchman: That's why your the Boss, Boss!
Criminal: You misspelled 'You're' Patsy. There is an apostrophe in there.
Henchman: Sorry.
Criminal: No time! This caper is going to make me rich. And we are fast approaching Rice Street.
Henchman: Are we still going to Sears for new pants?
Criminal: AND we will have to pick up rubbermaid totes out the wazoo to haul out all the money this little gold viking pin will earn at the local pawn shoppe!
Henchman: Yarr!
Criminal: Mister Driver, someone has left this fedora hat. You shall put it into the lost and found.
Please notice that nothing is missing from the hat. And I would like to stop at Rice Street.
Driver: Okay, but we can't go below 55 miles per hour or we will blow up.
Criminal/Henchman: WHAT?!
Driver: Just kidding. Lets all go to Sears!

I might finish this small play later tonight. It's just that I am hungry and want to go buy food at the store.

ok.

Bye.

Stay Awesome or I'll scream.

Andy

1 comment:

  1. You should do a play about your robot wife from the future sometime.

    I'm just sayin, she might be feeling a little neglected.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.