Thursday, September 4, 2008

Meaningless drivel.

I feel like I should get back to writing happier little posts in this blog.
The IndyFringe took a lot of steam out of my engine that runs on steam.
Having an engine that runs on steam means that I either need massive amounts of coal or a lot of firewood. I have not ascertained if my steam engine runs on one or the other. i think it changes with my mood for the day.
Today it runs on wood.
Tomorrow may be a coal day.
I think I should avoid metaphors from now on. I tend to ramble and make little sense.

So yeah. I feel a bit out of sorts.
I feel old and without direction.
Well, not so old as to start collecting Social Security, but I'm not 17 anymore.
I was asked recently how much it would take for me to go back to being a 17 year old.
My response was: "I would rob a bank and pay you if you had that power, wizard"
I wasn't talking to a wizard. In fact, I am so old, i forget which friend was talking to me.
But I digress.
I loved being 17. It worked for me a lot.
I was baby faced and didn't hide my double chin under a goatee*.
I was almost 70 pounds lighter and I think I wore the latest fashions. I actually still wear the kinds of clothes I wore way back in the 90's. a tee shirt and a long sleeved button down.
It isn't that I am grotesquely overweight. It's just that I really should stop relying on dollar menus at fast food places.
Taco bell, you have ruined me.
And what the hell is up with the 7 layer burrito being almost $2 now?! You guys suck.
I ride my bike as a commuter vehicle. i should be skinny and hot and desirable.
Again, Taco Bell, you are a cruel bitch of a mistress.
My 17th year was great. The whole world ahead of me and I could run a mile in 10 minutes. That isn't true. I don't run. Not even when a bear is chasing me.

But if a Bear chased me into a Taco Bell, I would feel that not getting a few dollar menu burrito's would be a slam against the fates.

At any rate, I want to be 17 again. I had it made then. And I got laid all the time.
Also, not true. Not even if a Bear was chasing me.
I don't know what that means. But I was younger...

I'm trying to figure stuff out. Future stuff. And who knows, maybe I will be asking folks to move to Alaska and become fishermen or fishers of men or fisher kings or Fisher Stevens. isn't he the guy from Short Circuit and Hackers? Fuck it, let's just go bowling.
I need a better hobby than blogging. You must think me strange.
Well same to you.

Tonight at the Beat, an open mic is happening.
Spoken word, Acoustic variety and more.
I'd say that you should come, but it has taken me five hours just to post this blog with no meaning. And the open mic is almost closed now.
That means it might be happy hour soon. Somewhere...

I suppose that if you take anything away from today's post, it should be this:

Even though you can't go back to being 17, doesn't mean you can't openly hate open mic nights.
And also, Bears are cool. I like Polar bears, personally. Don't take that as me knowing them personally. i have never met a polar bear. I assume they are nice. Maybe they are all like the ones from that Compass movie. Wearing armor and talking in Olde English.
Or they kill you as you are on your way to Taco Bell.

Have a good night. I'll be back on the airwaves tomorrow. And by Airwaves, I mean the wireless interweb that makes these blogs so damned tasty.

And with no trans fat.

Stay Awesome.

Andy


* I don't have a double chin. I don't think I do, anyhow. It is hidden under the goatee, so it's anyones guess. I should exercise more. Maybe after Taco Bell...

3 comments:

  1. Ssh! Don't tell people about the goatee-over-double-chin! You'll give away all our best tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should befriend the polar bears. I believe I once read that they're one of the few species who actively hunt humans.

    Polar bears > whales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're just fucked up, ...funny, but fucked up and I think Alaskan fishermen are hot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for telling me what you think.

Be nice, I'm fragile.